All your favorite quotes!
''There is one word in America that says it all, and that word is, 'You never know.'''
- Joaquin Andujar
''That's why I don't talk. Because I talk too much.''
- Joaquin Andujar
''I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.''
- Terry Bradshaw
''The game was closer than the score indicated.''
- Dizzy Dean after a 1-0 game
''He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.''
- Lou Duva boxing trainer, on the training regimen of heavyweight Andrew Golota
''I told [GM] Roland Hemond to go out and get me a big name pitcher. He said, 'Dave Wehrmeister's got 11 letters. Is that a big enough name for you?'''
- Eddie Eichorn
''Sometimes they write what I say and not what I mean.''
- Pedro Guerrero on sportswriters
''The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play.''
- Reggie Jackson
''I'm not an athlete. I'm a professional baseball player.''
- John Kruk
''I lost it in the sun!''
- Billy Loes after fumbling a grounder
''As I remember it, the bases were loaded.''
- Greg Maddox his reaction to hitting a grand slam
''I don't care what the tape says. I didn't say it.''
- Ray Malavasi a football coach
''Always root for the winner. That way you won't be disappointed.''
- Tug McGraw
''Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious''
- Alan Minter
''I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father''
- Greg Norman
''You guys line up alphabetically by height.''
- Bill Peterson a Florida State football coach
''I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first.''
- George Rogers New Orleans Saints RB
''I am the most loyal player money can buy.''
- Don Sutton Pitcher for five different teams in his career
''Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.''
- Joe Theismann
''Ninety percent of the game is half mental.''
- Jim Wohford